Sunday, June 10, 2012

A Play on this Week's Events

THE ADVENTURES OF MITT WALKER

CHARACTERS

MITT ROMNEY
SCOTT WALKER
GOD

SETTING

The pearly gates

[Scott Walker and Mitt Romney are waiting on St. Peter. Both were run down by Obama's campaign bus.]


SCOTT: I hope they don't let the peasants in.

MITT: Of course, they won't. I'm sure they have slums set aside.

SCOTT: That's a relief. Our happiness will trickle out.

MITT: Naturally. Workers living by their masters would be chaos.

SCOTT: It hasn't been that way since the beginning of time. Why fight nature?

MITT: I like your thinking.

SCOTT: And I like it more. Now, where's my butler with hor d'oeuvres?

MITT: Where's mine with champagne?

GOD: [voice over.] They're already inside.

MITT: Who's that?

GOD: It is I, Yahweh.

SCOTT: Sounds Middle Eastern. Do you think I could replace you with a whiter servant?

GOD: Heaven has no race.

MITT: [Jokingly.] Well as long as there's money. [Silence.] You're kidding?

GOD: I never have been.

SCOTT: There's got to be a special place for people like us?

GOD: There is but you may not like it.

MITT: Is the pool heated?

GOD: In a manner of speaking...

MITT: How much will it take to make this happen? [He holds out a hundred dollar bill.]

[A red light shines on stage.]

SCOTT: Hey...

MITT: This is...

MITT & SCOTT: Awesome!

SCOTT: No environmental regulations!

MITT: I can run Bain Capital by that huge mound of skulls!

SCOTT: I love us!


END OF PLAY

No comments:

Post a Comment